- Sign up for online banking and online bill pay: Banks, utility services, and credit card companies offer the option to pay your bills online or have them paid automatically through a bank draft.
- Reduce magazines: Use on-line subscriptions when available and discontinue subscriptions for publications you don’t read. You can buy individual copies of most publications at a store.
- Reduce credit card offers: To eliminate mailings from the four major credit bureaus call 1-888-567-8688 or visit www.optoutprescreen.com.
- Reduce catalogs at www.catalogchoice.org where you can manually enter information from a catalog’s mailing label to remove yourself from that catalog’s list.
- Reduce advertising mail and phone calls at the Mail Preference Service website: www.dmaconsumers.org/consumerassistance.html
- Reduce junk mail with www.41pounds.org, an organization that will contact the companies that send you junk mail on your behalf.
- Think twice before printing information from the internet or from your computer. Develop effective systems for filing on the computer and have backup systems to ensure that your files are safe.
If you’re drowning in paper and would like help organizing your space, please call us at (337) 296-5506 to schedule an appointment.